Sometime I hate
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Subject: Sometime I hate
Date: 4/23/2002 4:57:09 PM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
computers. Been working on the neighbors PC Chips whatever machine. The one with the Run Once error which is still elusive. However I did put in a new modem and got it running (here), she takes it home and guess what. She boots up it can't find the keyboard or mouse. Then on reset it will lose the video, all with no BIOS errors or beeps.
Tried a new case plug, different keyboard and mouse. Still no go. Think the BIOS chip went?????
It's a K62-400 machine with a PC Chips older than the M598....at least I can't find the sucker on the web site or even an Amptron Clone close to it.
Or even ID it on the Elpina guess your PC Chips site. LOL PITA machine. When she first brought it here she said it wouldn't turn on and her modem quit working. Booted here everytime for me with keyboard & mouse working.....then boom a no go. It boots into winders, just no keyboard or moose.
So if you all think it's the board, got to find a board that will run her K62-400, preferably with onboard sound and video. Back to Amptron I guess.
FollowUps | Post
- It's a classic... - up -[4/24/2002 10:11:39 AM (GMT+0)]
- I have a thought - Ben -[4/24/2002 4:20:57 AM (GMT+0)]
- Re: Sometime I hate - baldy -[4/24/2002 1:12:37 AM (GMT+0)]
- Ah - Connie -[4/24/2002 1:40:18 AM (GMT+0)]
- Re: Ah - baldy -[4/24/2002 1:53:39 AM (GMT+0)]
- Re: Ah - baldy -[4/24/2002 1:55:34 AM (GMT+0)]
- ROFL - Connie -[4/24/2002 2:58:19 AM (GMT+0)]
Maximum of 100 messages displayed.
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]