Re: Annie's computer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]

Subject: Re: Annie's computer
Name: Bob
Date: 7/18/2005 6:40:02 AM (GMT-7)
IP Address:
In Reply to: Re: Annie's computer posted by Connie

It almost sounds like the MoBo setting to change timing sync in a high RF magnetic field is set different then normal, more so because the slow video post. My guess would be CPU as I have seen many funky things happen with bad ones. Also the MoBo could be the problem to as its really tied to the CPU so I would say 51% chance CPU & 49% MoBo.
Good luck with yours.

I got myself a new headache as the system I just put together for my wife in June an AMD 1700+ low voltage & low heat CPU (was 600 MHz duron), ATI 8500 64 MB & one HD & one CDRom drive with a 420 watt PSU. The computer was on yesterday & turned itself off LoL, the PSU will not start even under direct grounding of green power on wire. Must have popped a fuse but its so new I am returning & I may get something more quiet too.

[ View FollowUps | Post Followup | E-Mail Sender | Main ]

Follow Ups:

Maximum of 100 messages displayed.

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload some images for this post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]