Re: Tribes 2 and Windows XP
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Subject: Re: Tribes 2 and Windows XP
Date: 4/21/2002 7:17:58 AM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
In Reply to: Tribes 2 and Windows XP posted by
here's a blurb off of NT Compatible on Tribes 2:
"Tribes 2 (Sierra/Dynamix) Yes WinXP 12/01
Received the follow messages:
1) Works great in Whistler beta 2 right off the CD. Make sure you get the latest patch too.
2) Runs fine, keys can be slightly sticky at times. NOTE: With GeForce 2 GTS SGRAM, had to install 12.41 WQDL Windows 2000 drivers for the program to run properly. Default XP drivers resulted in a 0xc0000005 fault
3) Works great with the latest patch from Sierra. #23369
4) Runs but has terrible graphic errors. Unplayable. May crash after some time with an unhandled error.
5) Works perfectly under XP RC1 and Radeon with XP drivers.
6) Works with games patches. My system: Windows XP Professional (Build 2600) Windows 2000 Professional Taxan 2150 21” Monitor Full tower Asus K7V Athlon 800 512 MB Hercules Prophet GTS 64mb using Detonator 22.80 drivers SBLive 1024 through 4 speaker stereo Dlink DFE530-TX 10/100, Intel inbusiness 8 port 10/100 switched HUB IBM ST230823A 40gb IBM ST310220A 10gb Plextor 12x10x32 ide Aopen DVD 1040Pro No floppy, who needs one. 4x Internal fans 300 watt power supply. Other hardware: hp officejet g85 series Saitek GM2 Saitek X36 HOTAS MicroSoft GameVoice Kodak DC290 Digital Camera
Note Sierra does have a patch for this game.
Be sure you have the latest drivers for the geForce, try setting the Video Aperture up to 128 meg,or 1/4 to 1/2 your system ram. With ge2 I would thingk 128 meg. Expand your page file to the max if you have room and maybe you'll have to run in WIN98 compatibility mode. But get the patch. Andy plays Pharoah and it wouldn't run until Sierra put out a patch.
FollowUps | Post
[No follow-ups for this posting]
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]