Re: Anyone with Win2003 Server Active Direcrtory Experience?
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Subject: Re: Anyone with Win2003 Server Active Direcrtory Experience?
Date: 1/24/2006 11:39:55 AM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 220.127.116.11
In Reply to: Anyone with Win2003 Server Active Direcrtory Experience? posted by
I've done several of these upgrades/migration. NT to 2000/2003 and exchange 5.5 to 2000/2003. The two main ways are:
1) Create a whole new domain and migrate everything over manually (more or less). This works best for small setups only, and even then can have issues.
2) Install a temporairy server (just an old kicker) with windows NT 4.0 as a BDC promote it to the PDC then upgrade it in place to 2003 AD. All your NT stuff will get migrated and upgraded. Now you can install a new 2003 AD server, and remove the temporairy one. Going this route you keep the origional server intact to the very end in case of problems. I bevieve there are articles out there about this.
FollowUps | Post
E-Mail Sender |
- Re: So - LED -[1/24/2006 4:21:30 PM (GMT-7)]
- Re: So - admin -[1/25/2006 11:35:32 AM (GMT-7)]
- Re: So - LED -[1/25/2006 11:56:02 AM (GMT-7)]
Maximum of 100 messages displayed.
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]