Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Subject: Re: Sis
Date: 1/14/2006 1:13:55 PM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
In Reply to: Sis posted by
From what I've gleaned Safari is based on Konqueror.
Which is a decent browser. I also believe you can use Firefox with it, but would have to go check and see for sure. You can on Linux. Since OSX is based on Unix it makes it very stable and pretty much virus free. That in itself makes it my # one choice for an internet machine. MS OS's are just too wide open for my taste although since I use only FIrefox I just don't seem to get much anymore in the way of spyware or virus junk.
The only real drawback to the OS is games and some will run on MAC's other won't. But my goal is mainly to have it for it's outstanding features..graphics and internet uses and they're also built for music.
Wonder what Apple will do with the G5 series...the ones with the quad core processors and up to 16 gig of ram? Those are for 3D rendering and most graphics intensive programs are used on them. Not cheap little rigs.
FollowUps | Post
- Re: Sis - LED -[1/14/2006 1:50:47 PM (GMT-7)]
- Re: Sis - Connie -[1/14/2006 4:27:02 PM (GMT-7)]
- Re: Sis - Sledge -[1/15/2006 3:23:33 AM (GMT-7)]
- Seriously - LED -[1/15/2006 6:51:21 PM (GMT-7)]
- Yup - Connie -[1/15/2006 10:09:30 AM (GMT-7)]
- LMFAO - LED -[1/14/2006 5:40:37 PM (GMT-7)]
- Re: LMFAO - Connie -[1/15/2006 10:08:42 AM (GMT-7)]
- Re: LMFAO - SubliminalCriminal -[1/15/2006 6:08:23 PM (GMT-7)]
Maximum of 100 messages displayed.
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]