Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Date: 7/17/2004 7:08:16 AM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
In Reply to: Now HTF posted by
stick a bigger HDD on it? I think the "home" ediditon can be put on smaller HDD's.Thought I saw the min was 500 meg. Smoker has Mandrake 9.0 or 9.2 and it probably has a smaller footprint. However any Linux mainstream distro needs a fair sized HDD because they come with all the bells and whistles.
( The OS and all the software you need to do almost anything) SUSE pro has the software on those CD's to edit and make music. Just what you need You don't have to go out and get software with Linux, it's on those CD's. You might want a newer version but for the most part everything is there. Thus more HDD space is needed.
There is a little distro that fits on 1 floppy drive I think.
FollowUps | Post
- Did I mention - Connie -[7/17/2004 7:15:58 AM (GMT-7)]
- Re: Did I mention - LED -[7/17/2004 11:19:30 AM (GMT-7)]
- LED - Connie -[7/17/2004 12:45:26 PM (GMT-7)]
- One more thing - Connie -[7/17/2004 12:55:28 PM (GMT-7)]
- Also - Connie -[7/17/2004 12:48:56 PM (GMT-7)]
Maximum of 100 messages displayed.
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]