Re: Samsung cd BS!!
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Subject: Re: Samsung cd BS!!
Date: 12/26/2001 11:03:00 AM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
In Reply to: Samsung cd BS!! posted by
(1) What brand of motherboard do you have in this machine?
(2) Have you made any recent hardware upgrades that might coincide with the apparent CD-ROM failure, for example, add another hard drive on the same IDE channel as the CD?
(3) Have you made any recent driver updates? Sometimes bus-mastering IDE drivers will cause CD-ROM drives to stop appearing in Windows.
(4) Did you maybe disable your secondary IDE controller by mistake while working in the BIOS at some point back?
(5) Boot Windows to Safe Mode, then bring up System Properties / Device Manager tag. Look for a CD-ROM entry on the device manager tag. If there is one, open it, delete all listed drives, reboot the computer normally when done, and see if it comes back.
If the CMOS setup can see the drive, usually that means the drive controller is okay, and something else is interfering. A couple other points to remember is that normally you will not find CD-ROM drivers, Windows deals with them automatically. If it is not, then something else is interfering. CD-ROM drivers are usually for setting up the drive in other operating systems such as DOS.
FollowUps | Post
E-Mail Sender |
Maximum of 100 messages displayed.
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]