Bugger - as expected Win2000Pro Install fouled!!...hlp pls...
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ] [ Home ]
Subject: Bugger - as expected Win2000Pro Install fouled!!...hlp pls...
Date: 7/20/2001 4:10:03 PM (GMT-7)
IP Address: 220.127.116.11
I half expected this....even though you try to do your research weeks before hand.
I've got it sort of running but very buggy.
Im using my Laptop to connect to the internet at the moment.
1. I expected my RoadsterII modem not to work, but I didnt expect my generic LT Win Modem not to.
Any links or drivers pls?
2. Stuffed up and clicked upgrade instead of the second dual boot install option = so Win98 is I think gone. Have to work out a way of getting back to dual install. ie: reinstall Win98 then Win2000
3. Install failed to find a couple of cls files...
First one was AppSer~1.cls....that was on the first install. After a few probs (couldnt boot) I booted in safe mode and just ran install.exe again. It didnt find that file again and then a string of about 20 *.cls files. Funnily enough it will boot now but as I said - very buggy.
4. It still has an error...
DLPORTIO.SYS device driver not loaded ( had this the first time too) - Port I/O will have no effect. Any ideas?
5. Tried installing Service Pak2 after the first Win2000Pro install - but said it said "RPC server not accessible" and quit. Thought this might be why it couldnt find the other */cls files on the 2nd attempt to install Win2000Pro.
6. PromiseFT66 controller wont work - lucky its not my boot drives....so I'll have to go and see if there are any new drivers for that sucker....
Wont bore the pants off you guys....a few other issues but that'll do for now.
PS - antoher stupid thing I didnt do is backup!!! So I have to see if I can get my burner running and do it now before I really have to FORMAT C:
FollowUps | Post
Maximum of 100 messages displayed.
Post a Followup
Ups ] [ Post
Followup ] [ CPU-Central Message Board ]